Strategically driven financial and business management executive with broad-based expertise overseeing the development and implementation of frameworks and infrastructures to capture business opportunities. Valued for expertise in interpreting organizational and client vision, transitioning objectives into actionable plans, and achieving unprecedented results.
Possess expansive operational oversight, accounting and financial management, and staff leadership and development capabilities. Adept in building strong working relationships with internal and external business partners and key stakeholders. Objective and progressive with dynamic business, market, management, and financial acumen to deliver results.
CAPITAL ADVISORS LLC, Middleburg, Virginia | 2003 – Present
Found and built a strategy and financing company from the ground up, specializing in serving middle-market businesses. Oversee all aspects of business operations, including business development, client relations, accounting, audits, MIS/IT, and tax matters. Refer qualified service providers to customers. Develop and market a variety of products and service offerings, including accounts receivable lending, asset-based lending, business acquisition financing, equipment leasing, SBA loans, structured financing, commercial real estate financing, and more. Analyzed client financial statements and credit, develop custom solutions, and arrange loans and leases. Cultivate relationships with banks, accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, and suppliers.
- Secured $300+ million in financing for clients, including $200+ million in commercial real estate loans with such lenders as Bear Stearns, Wells Fargo, and several regional banks.
- Launched Founders Bank, holding accountability for raising capital, developing the business plan, and leading the compliance and approval process with the bank subsequently sold to SONA Bank; remained on SONA’s board as an advisory member.
- Spearheaded a renewable energy financing program for photovoltaic solar projects; arranged investor equity and long-term debt financing via power purchase agreement and lease-type structures.
- Facilitated $10+ million in potential profits for a Dunkin’ Donuts chain by developing custom financial plans, detailing real estate sales, debt reduction, and profit maximization methodologies.
- Aided a corporate executive in a partner buyout by arranging a $20 million loan in 90 days.
- Delivered $100+ million in real estate loans nationwide for a grocery chain owner, including commercial mortgage-backed securities loans.
ACCESS NATIONAL LEASING CORPORATION, Chantilly, Virginia | 2002 – 2003
Directed the merge of Commercial Finance Corporation and Access National Bank. Oversaw accounting, audits, administration, business development, credit review, collections, taxes, and MIS/IT for a leasing subsidiary. Ensured compliance with all federal and industry regulations.
- Created the credit manual and leasing policy, performed strategic planning, and drafted all credit analysis summaries for equipment leases and loans in the bank’s portfolio.
- Provided assistance to the sales staff in the origination and structuring of leases for customers.
- Built and managed a lease portfolio for the bank and syndicated leases with outside lenders.
- Served on the Bank Loan Committee charged with reviewing potential loans for bank’s lending activities.
- Facilitated revenue growth by referring qualified equipment leasing customers to bank.
- Improved efficiency by integrating an automated accounting, customer tracking, and the bank’s system; managed all subsidiary accounting and customer contact programs.
COMMERCIAL FINANCE CORPORATION, Chantilly, Virginia | 1987 – 2002
President & Treasurer
Oversaw the company launch and led origination, structuring, and financing for equipment leasing, international financing, and asset-based loans. Managed accounting, internal records, audits, taxation, and MIS/IT functions. Directed supplier and export sales and bank leasing programs for customers. Led extensive international finance and leasing activities in China, South America, and Europe across the healthcare, utilities, aviation, environmental, manufacturing, real estate, and technology industries. Arranged accounts receivable loans and factoring; obtained commercial real estate mortgages.
- Facilitated $200+ million in loans and leases and built customer base to more than 400 clients.
- Built the business to one of the largest equipment leasing companies in Virginia.
- Improved accounting department efficiency by implementing MAS-90 software.
- Requested to attend the signing of the North American Free Trade Agreement in Washington, D.C. as a presidential invitee.
- Contributed to revenue growth by leading the development of new products and service offerings.
- Introduced a web-based leasing application processing program for equipment suppliers and customers.
- Enabled successful structured financing solutions for companies with weak credit by developing a special lease program, using a custom-designed surety bond as added collateral drafted and negotiated the bond to gain acceptance by major insurance companies and lease funding institutions.
Early Career Success: Secretary & Treasurer at Professional Leasing Consultants and Staff Accountant at Loeb, Roberts, & Gronsbell, CPAs, and U.S. House of Representatives, Office of Finance