Banker&Tradesman published Dan Doran’s Inside the Business Valuation Process-A Primer for Commercial Lenders in its Continuing Education section. This is a great read for lenders who are new to SBA Lending and discovering:
“…when it comes to Small Business Administration lending, the SBA’s standard operating procedure requires that when goodwill exceeds $250,000, an independent, third-party valuation is required.”
The article answers:
- Who Can Perform the Valuation?
- What Should Lenders Consider When Selecting a Firm?
- What Will an Analyst Consider?
- Are There Common Pitfalls to Avoid?
- Where Can Lenders Go for More Information on Valuations?
Read the full article on bankerandtradesman.com and find out! Banker&Tradesman is The Financial Services and Real Estate Weekly for Massachusetts.